Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Thursday, October 6, 2016
The 7 Retirement Planning Myths include:
1. $1 Million will be enough for me to retire – It may be, but then again it may not be. It depends on how expensive the lifestyle you want is. It also depends on your portfolio’s asset allocation and how it performs.
2. You’ll spend less money when you retire – You may, but the reality is a lot of people spend more when they first retire. They get that sweet taste of freedom and they want to go out and do stuff. And really… stuff costs money.
3. Social Security will take care of you – Social Security was never meant to be the primary source of income for retirees. It was meant to supplement your income. That’s why you need the proper retirement income planning done to work with Social Security.
4. Put all your money in CD’s and Bonds – There’s nothing wrong with having more conservative investments when you retire. But also consider how inflation can affect your purchasing power in retirement.
5. College education should be a top savings priority – It is noble to help your kids out by setting money aside for their college expenses. However, don’t neglect to put money aside for your own retirement. Or you may one day be financially dependent on the very children you were trying to help.
6. Medicare is all you need in retirement – Medicare helps out a lot of people when they turn 66. But it has gaps in coverage. And these gaps can get expensive. Look into a Medicare Supplement or a Medicare Advantage Plan.
7. 4 Percent is a safe withdrawal rate – There is a rule of thumb that if you withdraw no more than 4% from your portfolio each year when you retire then the portfolio will last your whole retirement. It’s a good rule of thumb, but it is not always the correct thing to do.
Making Your First Million By Age 15 (Interview Feat. Caleb Maddix - Keys to Success for Kids), Key To Save Money News.
Caleb Maddix is 14 Years old and is the Author of "Keys to Success for Kids!" He is also the CEO of a 6 figure a year company called Kids 4 Success and quickly approaching the million dollar entrepreneur mark! Caleb travels the GLOBE speaking with powerful WORLD CHANGERS like Gary Vaynerchuk, Grant Cardone, Kevin Harrington, John Lee Dumas, Darren Hardy, Ken Shamrock and many more! He has quickly become a true sensation, shocking audiences globally with his poise on stage as well as his proven strategies for gaining an online presence in business! He has been interviewed by Forbes, the Huffington Post, on National Television, Grant Cardone’s Whatever It Takes Network and other huge platforms! This young entrepreneur’s following has granted him the title ’VIRAL VIDEO GENIUS’, with millions of views and accolades he was escalated to being voted in the top 20 most motivational influencers on the planet in 2016! But out of everything he does his number one focus is to give people Motivation, Inspiration, and Education to live the life of their dreams!